A. Improve the education of those involved in cemetery operations throughout the State of Georgia.
B. Improve communications among those involved in cemetery operations throughout the State of Georgia.
C. Improve Georgia’s historical cemeteries through conservation, restoration and tourism.
1. Encourage and provide educational opportunities for municipal cemetery managers and personnel.
2. Encourage and provide educational opportunities for non-profit foundation managers and volunteers.
3. Encourage and provide networking opportunities for municipal cemetery and non-profit foundation
managers, personnel and volunteers.
4. Protect and promote Georgia’s historical cemeteries through conservation and restoration.
5. Protect and promote Georgia’s historical cemeteries through heritage tourism.
1. Host an annual conference with educational topics pertinent to cemetery operators.
2. Host a professional business meeting of the general membership annually.
3. Host at least three educational workshops in various regions of the state annually.
4. Maintain an organizational website with current information on the association, membership, meetings,
programs, and current events.
5. Maintain social media sites with current information on the association, membership, meetings, programs,
and current events.
6. Maintain an electronic membership list available to all members.
7. Actively recruit membership from every County, City, Town, District, Board, Authority, Council,
Commission, Committee or other local government agency involved in municipal cemetery management.
8. Promote the association through the Georgia Municipal Association, and the Georgia Chapters of the
International City/County Management Association, the American Public Works Association, and other
9. Promote the association to the Chief Executive Officers of all municipal corporations in the State of
10. Actively recruit membership from every association, foundation and other nonprofit association involved
in municipal or nonprofit cemetery management.
11. Maintain partnerships with the Georgia Department of Natural Resources Historic Preservation Division,
Georgia Department of Economic Development, and other statewide organizations interested in historic
cemetery conservation, preservation and heritage tourism.
12. Produce and publish an informative newsletter to be distributed to the membership at least quarterly.
13. Develop and maintain a professional code of ethics for cemetery managers and personnel.
14. Develop and administer a professional accreditation program for municipal and nonprofit cemetery
15. Develop and administer a certificate program for municipal and nonprofit cemetery management.
16. Develop standard rules and regulations for municipal and nonprofit cemeteries.
17. Provide consumer resources for cemetery customers.
18. Develop customer service standards for cemetery management.